WE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AT HOME IN MILAN AND IN ITALY
Moving to a new country can be stressful for you and exhausting for your family, and being stressed and worried is the last thing you want when you need to stay focused on all the priorities of your job and your family during the process of relocating and starting a new life in a new country.
We can be your partner in this special moment of your life and ease the entire process. We will be at your side, assisting you all along the way.
YOUR NEW HOME IN MILAN
No matter whether your stay in Milan will be short, long or permanent, we can help you find the right home, to rent or to buy, for you and your family, and we can assist you with the paperwork you need to live, work and drive in Italy.
Tell us your needs and we will find your perfect place, somewhere that you can call HOME!
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
FINDING A HOME
- Look for a new home matching your requirements.
- Prepare and share a shortlist of properties to visit.
- Organise appointments with real estate agencies or owners.
- Accompany and assist you during the visits.
- Negotiate the terms of the contracts with real estate agencies or owners.
- Activate all the necessary utilities for your new home (gas, electricity, telephone, internet, etc.).
- Provide a handy list of local facilities, places and offices (banks, local authority offices, railway and metro stations, supermarkets, open-air markets, etc.).
LIVING IN ITALY
- Apply for the renewal of your permit of stay in Italy.
- Apply and collect the Italian residence certificates for you and your family.
- Obtain your Italian Identity Card.
- Get a residence parking permit (if applicable in the area where you will be living).
- Present all the necessary documents to the local authority offices to pay the local taxes due.
- Negotiate conditions and open a new bank account, either online or brick-and-mortar in Milan.
- Apply for debit cards and credit cards.
- Identify the local health board offices according to your new address.
- Ask and obtain an Italian social security card for you and all the members of your family.
- Identify an English speaking local family doctor and paediatrician (for your children).
- Identify and provide useful info for your health needs and issues and those of your family (chemists, hospitals, private clinics and screening centres in your area, emergency number list, etc.)
- Do you play sports? We will find a gym or a place where you will be able to keep on enjoying your game of choice!
DRIVING IN ITALY
- Find a driving school to convert your driving licence so that you can drive in Italy.
- Prepare and present all the necessary documents to the driving school to convert your driving licence (with or without driving tests).
- Assist you in obtaining all the necessary info to be able to drive safely in Italy.
- Identify a driving school that can assist you getting an Italian driving licence (not all foreign driving licences are acceptedin Italy and therefore you may need to prepare and pass an oral examination).
YOUR NEW LIFE IN MILAN
Living and working in Italy on a mid-to-long-term period also means need to learn Italian. You will soon discover that not many people in Italy speak English very well – or any other foreign language, for that matter!
Living in Milan, you will come into touch with an entirely new culture. You will need to learn and get used to new customs and habits, some specific to the city and others to Italy as a whole. Sometimes when interacting with people of different cultures you may not be sure that you are doing or saying the right thing, nor how to fix the situation, if you unfortunately put your foot in it. The more familiar you are with your new surroundings, the greater is at ease you will be when relating with other people at work and in your social life.
Of course, you will have to find time to relax and spend some quality time with your friends or family. You will be able to sample exciting new foods and drinks, discover the historical treasures of this beautiful city and explore its world-famous fashion district.
LANGUAGE AND CULTURE We can take care of your Italian training lessons, whatever are your needs or goals. Some solutions:
- Individual or small group lessons (face to-face or face-to-face + guided self-study).
- Full immersion solutions (up to 4 hours of daily lessons). We will offer you an in-depth insight into cultural customs, religion and traditions, providing individual support or organising group seminars, e.g.:
- Developing cross cultural relationships.
- Cultural awareness and communicating with other nationalities.
- Culture and etiquette of doing business in different countries.
- Working in multi-cultural teams.
FOOD, LEISURE AND SHOPPING Last, but not least, upon request we will prepare an essential and updated reference guide list for you on:
- What to do and see in Milan (historical monuments, museums, theatres, parks and nature and other places of interest).
- Where to go and what to see not far from Milan or in the rest of Italy (art and nature).
- Shopping destinations, to discover the various shopping districts of the town! The city of Milan is internationally recognised as one of the world's most important fashion capitals.
- Where and what to eat (famous and typical restaurants, local food and traditions).
Anything else? Just ask!